IZOSHostis the starting point for all z/OS related functions.
When writing Java Applications or plug-ins not running in a Topaz Workbench installation, instances of
IZOSHost can be created using the
When writing plug-ins running in a Topaz Workbench installation, instances of
IZOSHost for hosts defined in the
Topaz Workbench client can be retrieved using the
HostManager class from the
Dataset APIThe Compuware Topaz API provides users with methods to programmatically access and perform actions on datasets and generation data groups. The following dataset types are supported:
- Allocate a partitioned or sequential dataset
- Delete a partitioned, sequential, migrated or VSAM dataset
- Create or delete a PDS member
- Obtain dataset and PDS member objects by name/pattern and type
- Read the content of a sequential dataset or a PDS member
- Write content to a sequential dataset or a PDS member
- Obtain the characteristics of a dataset or the statistics of a PDS member
- Recall a migrated dataset
- Define a generation data group
- Obtain generation dataset objects from generation data groups
- Copy a PDS member
IDataSetCommandProviderfor more information.
JES APIThe Compuware Topaz API provides users with methods to programmatically perform JES actions. The following actions are provided regarding JES:
- Submit JCL
- Track a job's status
- Obtain job objects by job name and/or owner filters
- Obtain execution and queue data of jobs
- Obtain sysout data definition (DD) objects of jobs
- Read the JES output of a job
- Read the contents of a DD of a job
- Read the contents of the currently active system log
- Read the contents of any available system log
- Cancel a job
JobOutputReaderfor more information.
z/OS User Program APIThe Compuware Topaz API provides users with methods to programmatically launch and communicate with their own z/OS programs. The following actions are provided regarding z/OS user programs:
- Launch a z/OS user program
- Write/read user-defined data to/from the z/OS user program
- Be notified of when the z/OS user program has ended
IZOSUserProgramConnectionfor more information.
TSO Command APIThe Compuware Topaz API provides users with methods to programmatically submit TSO commands The following actions are provided regarding TSO commands
- Execute a TSO command
ITSOCommandProviderfor more information.
Provides exceptions that are applicable to all of the Topaz API.
Provides interfaces and exceptions related to host connections.
Provides interfaces related to z/OS host connections.
Provides interfaces and exceptions related to host credentials.
Provides classes and exceptions related to z/OS host credentials.
Provides classes and exceptions related to host resources.
Provides classes and exceptions related to z/OS host resources.
Provides classes related to hosts.
Provides classes and exceptions related to z/OS hosts.
Provides classes and exceptions related to JES.
Provides interfaces related to TSO